PurposeMammalian expression plasmid for RBD of SARS-CoV-2 protein S (spike) fused with IgG1-Fc
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||141183||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5335
- Total vector size (bp) 6685
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameSecreted receptor binding domain (RBD; a.a. 333-529) of S protein from SARS-CoV-2 fused to Fc of IgG1
SpeciesSARS coronavirus 2
Insert Size (bp)1350
Entrez GeneS (a.k.a. GU280_gp02, spike glycoprotein)
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Proteins
- Signal peptide from influenza HA (N terminal on insert)
- Fc region of IgG1 (a.a. Asp-221 to Lys-447) (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XhoI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-fwd
- 3′ sequencing primer BGH-rev (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Please visit https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.16.994236v1 for BioRxiv preprint.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pcDNA3-SARS-CoV-2-S-RBD-Fc was a gift from Erik Procko (Addgene plasmid # 141183 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:141183 ; RRID:Addgene_141183)
For your References section:Engineering human ACE2 to optimize binding to the spike protein of SARS coronavirus 2. Chan KK, Dorosky D, Sharma P, Abbasi SA, Dye JM, Kranz DM, Herbert AS, Procko E. Science. 2020 Sep 4;369(6508):1261-1265. doi: 10.1126/science.abc0870. Epub 2020 Aug 4. 10.1126/science.abc0870 PubMed 32753553