PurposeOver expression of SARS-CoV-2 S (spike) in mammalian cell line
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||145780||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75 *|
* Login to view industry pricing.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6310
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Gene/Insert nameSARS-CoV-2 S
SpeciesSARS CoV 2
Insert Size (bp)3819
MutationCodon optimized and C-terminal 19 amino acids deletion
Entrez GeneS (a.k.a. GU280_gp02, spike glycoprotein)
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Protein
- 3xFlag (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamHI (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCMV14-3X-Flag-SARS-CoV-2 S was a gift from Zhaohui Qian (Addgene plasmid # 145780 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:145780 ; RRID:Addgene_145780)
For your References section:Characterization of spike glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 on virus entry and its immune cross-reactivity with SARS-CoV. Ou X, Liu Y, Lei X, Li P, Mi D, Ren L, Guo L, Guo R, Chen T, Hu J, Xiang Z, Mu Z, Chen X, Chen J, Hu K, Jin Q, Wang J, Qian Z. Nat Commun. 2020 Mar 27;11(1):1620. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-15562-9. 10.1038/s41467-020-15562-9 PubMed 32221306