|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||26164||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonemodified pcDNA5
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5000
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)5000
Mutation…ccgcCTCGAG[sponge sites]GGGCCCgttt… became …ccgcCTCGACgttt…
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site XhoI (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site ApaI (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F
- 3′ sequencing primer BGH-rev (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
This plasmid is to be used ONLY as a negative control for the CMV-d2eGFP plasmids in the associated paper. The multiple cloning site has been destroyed and should not be used for further cloning.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:CMV-d2eGFP-empty was a gift from Phil Sharp (Addgene plasmid # 26164 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:26164 ; RRID:Addgene_26164)
For your References section:MicroRNA sponges: competitive inhibitors of small RNAs in mammalian cells. Ebert MS, Neilson JR, Sharp PA. Nat Methods. 2007 Sep . 4(9):721-6. 10.1038/nmeth1079 PubMed 17694064