|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||28304||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV PHP.eB||28304-PHPeB||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerScott Sternson
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5047
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV, Cre/Lox ; Adeno-associated virus
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsUse recombinase-free E. coli (Stbl3, XL-10, Sure2 et.al), grow at 30C
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt nameGreen fluorescent protein
Insert Size (bp)720
- Promoter CAG
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BsrGI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer cttctggcgtgtgaccgg (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
PLEASE CONTACT ED BOYDEN ([email protected]) FOR DETAILS ON THIS REAGENT AND FURTHER REAGENTS IN THIS LINE.
Information for AAV PHP.eB (Catalog # 28304-PHPeB) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV PHP.eB particles produced from pAAV-FLEX-GFP (#28304). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-FLEX-GFP plasmid DNA.CAG-driven, Cre-dependent GFP expression control. These AAV were produced with the PHPeB serotype, which permits efficient transduction of the central nervous system. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Using FLEX vectors in vivo: LoxP sites in FLEX plasmids are known to recombine during DNA amplification and viral vector production, which may result in a minority of Cre-activated (i.e., "flipped") viral vectors. Addgene has measured this occurs in 0.01-0.03% of viral vectors in our typical production protocol. This can lead to a small number of cells exhibiting Cre-independent transgene expression in vivo. To address this, we recommend titrating to find the optimal AAV dosage required for Cre-dependent transgene expression and function in vivo. This may include reducing the viral vector dosage in order to reduce the likelihood of Cre-independent expression.
Citation Information: When using the PHP.eB serotype in future publications, please acknowledge Viviana Gradinaru and Benjamin Deverman and cite Chan et al., Nat Neurosci, 20(8):1172-1179. Pubmed.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-FLEX-GFP was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 28304 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:28304 ; RRID:Addgene_28304)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 28304) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 28304-PHPeB)