|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||40235||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5667
- Total vector size (bp) 6381
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Alt nameyeast Enhanced Green Fluorescent Protein
Insert Size (bp)714
- Promoter GAL1
/ Fusion Protein
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SalI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site SmaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer caagactggaccatcaccaa
- 3′ sequencing primer ccctccgaaggaagactctc (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byMumberg D, Muller R and Funk M. 1995. Yeast vectors for the controlled expression of heterologous proteins in different genetic backgrounds. Gene 156(1): 119-122. Sheff MA and Thorn KS (2004). Optimized cassettes for fluorescent protein tagging in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 21(8): 661-670.
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
yEGFP contains a M233I point mutation. Depositor states that this mutation does not affect yEGFP function.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pRS413-GAL1-yEGFP1 was a gift from Michael Benton (Addgene plasmid # 40235 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:40235 ; RRID:Addgene_40235)