|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||45761||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4000
- Total vector size (bp) 4862
Modifications to backbonepCS2-NXE backbone: EcoNI, XmaI, and NcoI restriction sites were added to the Polylinker II region of pCS2+.
Vector typeXenopus Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameMembrane-bound KillerRed
Insert Size (bp)788
- Promoter CMV IE94
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer SP6
- 3′ sequencing primer SV40pA-R (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
To make sense mRNA, cut with NotI and transcribe with SP6.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCS2-NXE+mem-KillerRed was a gift from Michael Levin (Addgene plasmid # 45761 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:45761 ; RRID:Addgene_45761)