3336 pcDNA3 Bcl-2
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||8768||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5400
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)XL1 Blue
Copy numberHigh Copy
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)720
Entrez GeneBCL2 (a.k.a. Bcl-2, PPP1R50)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F
- 3′ sequencing primer BGH-rev (Common Sequencing Primers)
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
ORF contains SacI, PstI, and BamHI sites sense from T7 direction.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:3336 pcDNA3 Bcl-2 was a gift from Stanley Korsmeyer (Addgene plasmid # 8768 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:8768 ; RRID:Addgene_8768)
For your References section:BCL-2 is phosphorylated and inactivated by an ASK1/Jun N-terminal protein kinase pathway normally activated at G(2)/M. Yamamoto K, Ichijo H, Korsmeyer SJ. Mol Cell Biol 1999 Dec;19(12):8469-78. PubMed 10567572