|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||26971||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5332
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsStbl3 (rec A-) cells to avoid recombinations with the LTRs
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameeNpHR 3.0
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)1683
MutationTrafficking Signal (TS) ER Export Signal
/ Fusion Protein
- EYFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI, AgeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI, HinDIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer ctcagaagccccaagctcgtc
- 3′ sequencing primer GCAATAGCATGATACAAAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Articles Citing this Plasmid
This plasmid contains the mouse calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II alpha subunit promoter.
For additional information please visit - http://www.optogenetics.org
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 26971-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV-CaMKIIa-eNpHR 3.0-EYFP (#26971). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-CaMKIIa-eNpHR 3.0-EYFP plasmid DNA.CaMKIIa-driven eNpHR 3.0-EYFP for optogenetic inhibition. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene EYFP
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Real-time qPCR or digital droplet PCR: The number of genome copies in viral preparations was measured by real-time qPCR or by digital droplet PCR. Titering on these preparations was performed by the University of Pennsylvania Vector Core. Read Addgene's AAV Titration by qPCR protocol here.
- Purity of viral preparation: Viral preparations were subjected to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by SYPRO Red staining and the molecular weight and relative intensity of the viral capsid proteins was analyzed. The abundance of viral capsid proteins as a fraction of total protein present in the sample was used to determine purity of the AAV preparation.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CaMKIIa-eNpHR 3.0-EYFP was a gift from Karl Deisseroth (Addgene plasmid # 26971)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 26971) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 26971-AAV1)