|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||28305||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerScott Sternson
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6482
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV, Cre/Lox ; Adeno-associated virus
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsUse recombinase-free E. coli (Stbl3, XL-10, Sure2 et.al), grow at 30C
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt namearchaerhodopsin TP009
SpeciesH. strain TP009
Insert Size (bp)744
- Promoter CAG
/ Fusion Protein
- tdTomato (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BsrGI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer cttctggcgtgtgaccgg (Common Sequencing Primers)
PLEASE CONTACT ED BOYDEN ([email protected]) FOR DETAILS ON THIS REAGENT AND FURTHER REAGENTS IN THIS LINE.
Information for AAV5 (Catalog # 28305-AAV5) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV5 particles produced from pAAV-FLEX-ArchT-tdTomato (#28305). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-FLEX-ArchT-tdTomato plasmid DNA.CAG-driven Cre-dependent ArchT-tdTomato expression for optogenetic neural inhibition. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV5 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV5
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene tdTomato
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Real-time qPCR or digital droplet PCR: The number of genome copies in viral preparations was measured by real-time qPCR or by digital droplet PCR. Titering on these preparations was performed by the University of Pennsylvania Vector Core. Read Addgene's AAV Titration by qPCR protocol here.
- Purity of viral preparation: Viral preparations were subjected to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by SYPRO Red staining and the molecular weight and relative intensity of the viral capsid proteins was analyzed. The abundance of viral capsid proteins as a fraction of total protein present in the sample was used to determine purity of the AAV preparation.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-FLEX-ArchT-tdTomato was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 28305)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 28305) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 28305-AAV5)
For your References section:A high-light sensitivity optical neural silencer: development and application to optogenetic control of non-human primate cortex. Han X, Chow BY, Zhou H, Klapoetke NC, Chuong A, Rajimehr R, Yang A, Baratta MV, Winkle J, Desimone R, Boyden ES. Front Syst Neurosci. 2011;5:18. Epub 2011 Apr 13. 10.3389/fnsys.2011.00018 PubMed 21811444