|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||35499||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5385
Modifications to backboneAddition of a CaMKIIa promoter and a WPRE
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameChR1-VChR1 Chimera
Alt nameC1V1 (t/t)
Insert Size (bp)1818
MutationE122T and E162T
- Promoter CaMKIIa
/ Fusion Protein
- EYFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer AGTCCTGCAGTATTGTGTAT
- 3′ sequencing primer GCAATAGCATGATACAAAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Article Citing this Plasmid
Information for AAV9 (Catalog # 35499-AAV9) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV9 particles produced from pAAV-CaMKIIa-C1V1 (t/t)-TS-EYFP (#35499). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-CaMKIIa-C1V1 (t/t)-TS-EYFP plasmid DNA.CaMKIIa-driven, C1V1 (t/t) fused to EYFP for optogenetic activation. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV9 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV9
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene EYFP
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Real-time qPCR or droplet digital PCR: The number of genome copies in viral preparations was measured by real-time qPCR or by droplet digital PCR. Titering on these preparations was performed by the University of Pennsylvania Vector Core. Read Addgene's AAV Titration by qPCR protocol here.
- Purity of viral preparation: Viral preparations were subjected to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by SYPRO Red staining and the molecular weight and relative intensity of the viral capsid proteins was analyzed. The abundance of viral capsid proteins as a fraction of total protein present in the sample was used to determine purity of the AAV preparation.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CaMKIIa-C1V1 (t/t)-TS-EYFP was a gift from Karl Deisseroth (Addgene plasmid # 35499)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 35499) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 35499-AAV9)
For your References section:Neocortical excitation/inhibition balance in information processing and social dysfunction. Yizhar O, Fenno LE, Prigge M, Schneider F, Davidson TJ, O'Shea DJ, Sohal VS, Goshen I, Finkelstein J, Paz JT, Stehfest K, Fudim R, Ramakrishnan C, Huguenard JR, Hegemann P, Deisseroth K. Nature. 2011 Jul 27;477(7363):171-8. doi: 10.1038/nature10360. 10.1038/nature10360 PubMed 21796121