PurposeForebrain principal neuron expression of oChIEF kinetic variant E163A/T199C with physically uncoupled mKate2 red fluorophore
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||51092||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5100
- Total vector size (bp) 7253
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1085
- Promoter CaMKIIa
/ Fusion Protein
- P2A-mKate2 (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HpaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer aggagcacgggcaggcgagtgg
- 3′ sequencing primer CCATACGGGAAGCAATAGCATG (Common Sequencing Primers)
The addition of the E163A and T199C mutations in oChIEF impart higher photocurrent amplitude while retaining fast kinetic properties. This variant is proposed as an alternative to ChETA variants that exhibit smaller photocurrents and more toxicity.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CaMKIIa-oChIEF(E163A/T199C)-P2A-mKate2 was a gift from Jonathan Ting (Addgene plasmid # 51092)