PurposeHigh photocurrent, low-light sensitive channelrhodopsin (ChRger1) for optogenetic activation with systemic delivery or for low-light activation. Driven by the CAG promoter and double floxed.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||127245||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5457
- Total vector size (bp) 7326
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsUse Rec A- competent cells such as Stbl3 cells from Invitrogen for transformation.
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1869
- Promoter CAG
/ Fusion Proteins
- EYFP (C terminal on insert)
- SpyTag (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site AscI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer GCTGTAATTAGCGCTTGGTTTAATGAC
- 3′ sequencing primer gccacaactcctcataaagagacag (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CAG-DIO(ChRger1-TS-YFP) was a gift from Viviana Gradinaru (Addgene plasmid # 127245 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:127245 ; RRID:Addgene_127245)
For your References section:Machine learning-guided channelrhodopsin engineering enables minimally invasive optogenetics. Bedbrook CN, Yang KK, Robinson JE, Mackey ED, Gradinaru V, Arnold FH. Nat Methods. 2019 Oct 14. pii: 10.1038/s41592-019-0583-8. doi: 10.1038/s41592-019-0583-8. 10.1038/s41592-019-0583-8 PubMed 31611694