PurposeExpression of mGold in mammalian cells
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||157996||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6105
- Total vector size (bp) 6825
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)720
MutationmGold is mVenus with L46F;T63S mutations
- Promoter Actin promoter with CMV enhancer
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer aaggtggtggctggtgtggc (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Please note that the mVenus annotation in the plasmid map is incorrect, as this plasmid encodes mGold.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCaggs-mGold was a gift from Francois St-Pierre (Addgene plasmid # 157996 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:157996 ; RRID:Addgene_157996)
For your References section:Versatile phenotype-activated cell sorting. Lee J, Liu Z, Suzuki PH, Ahrens JF, Lai S, Lu X, Guan S, St-Pierre F. Sci Adv. 2020 Oct 23;6(43). pii: 6/43/eabb7438. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.abb7438. Print 2020 Oct. 10.1126/sciadv.abb7438 PubMed 33097540