PurposeExpresses the N-terminal His6-tagged SARS-CoV2 helicase (NSP13) in E coli.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||176492||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85 *|
* Login to view industry pricing.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5369
- Total vector size (bp) 7147
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Kanamycin, 50 μg/mL
Gene/Insert nameSARS-CoV-2 NSP13
MutationI570 from SARS-CoV NSP13 was mutated to V to convert it to SARS-CoV-2 NSP13
Entrez GeneORF1ab (a.k.a. GU280_gp01)
- Promoter T7
/ Fusion Protein
- His6 and T7 (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XhoI (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer 5′-GGCGGATCCGCCATGGCTGTAGGTGCTTGTGTATTG-3′
- 3′ sequencing primer 5′-GGCCTCGAGTCATTGTAATGTAGCCACATTGCG-3′ (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byWe received the clone for SARS-CoV NSP13 from Dr. Jiandong Huang from University of Hong Kong
Terms and Licenses
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The original vector pHelA12 was described in a paper published by Dr. Huang (PMID: 12917423). We mutated the I570 of the original SARS-CoV NSP13 to V to convert it to SARS-CoV-2 NSP13.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pET28a-SARS-CoV-2 NSP13 was a gift from Xiaodong Cheng (Addgene plasmid # 176492 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:176492 ; RRID:Addgene_176492)
For your References section:Discovery of COVID-19 Inhibitors Targeting the SARS-CoV-2 Nsp13 Helicase. White MA, Lin W, Cheng X. J Phys Chem Lett. 2020 Nov 5;11(21):9144-9151. doi: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c02421. Epub 2020 Oct 14. 10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c02421 PubMed 33052685