|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||53128||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerBrenner Lab
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Mouse Targeting
Growth in Bacteria
Alt nameglial fibrillary acidic protein
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Mutationcontains -2163 to +47 (the human gfa2 segment), with the initiating ATG mutated to TTG
Entrez GeneGFAP (a.k.a. ALXDRD)
- Promoter human Gfa2
/ Fusion Proteins
- EGFP (C terminal on insert)
- mP1 (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer MB-351 CATCGCCAGTCTAGCCCACTCCT
- 3′ sequencing primer MB-352 GACGTTGTAAAACGACGGCCAGT (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
This plasmid was made by digesting pGfa2-cLac with BamHI to remove the lacZ gene (digestion of pGfa2-nLac would produce the same recipient), blunt ending by filling in, and inserting the SmaI/StuI fragment from Clontech's pEGFP that contains the EGFP coding region. The first two bases from each of the filled in BamHI sites were lost during the construction.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pGfa2-EGFP was a gift from Michael Brenner (Addgene plasmid # 53128 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:53128 ; RRID:Addgene_53128)