G protein alpha-q-YFP
PurposeThis G protein alpha-q construct contains internal insertions of YFP and the EE epitope.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||55782||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4800
- Total vector size (bp) 7120
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert namealpha-q EE YFP
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)2319
MutationBamHI and SacI sites in alpha-q were removed with silent mutations. EYFP contains substitution of Met for Gln69.
Entrez GeneGnaq (a.k.a. 1110005L02Rik, 6230401I02Rik, Dsk1, Dsk10, Galphaq, Gq, GqI)
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Proteins
- YFP was inserted internally into the alpha-q sequence between residues 124 and 125 with a SGGGGS linker on each end of the YFP.
- The EE epitope was introduced into the alpha-q sequence by mutating residues 171-176 (SYLPTQ) to EYMPTE.
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7
- 3′ sequencing primer SP6 (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:G protein alpha-q-YFP was a gift from Catherine Berlot (Addgene plasmid # 55782 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:55782 ; RRID:Addgene_55782)
For your References section:Live cell analysis of G protein beta5 complex formation, function, and targeting. Yost EA, Mervine SM, Sabo JL, Hynes TR, Berlot CH. Mol Pharmacol. 2007 Oct;72(4):812-25. Epub 2007 Jun 27. 10.1124/mol.107.038075 PubMed 17596375