|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||58852||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerScott Sternson
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5014
- Total vector size (bp) 6685
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV, Cre/Lox
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsStbl3 at 30C (use carbenicillin if using Stbl3) OR DH5a at 37C
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt nameLeptosphaeria maculans opsin
Insert Size (bp)1671
- Promoter Syn
/ Fusion Protein
- GFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BsrGI or NheI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CTGCGTATGAGTGCAAG
- 3′ sequencing primer cagcgtatccacatagcg (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Part of plasmid is sequenced by the depositing lab; the promoter, gene and fluorophore were sequenced. Multiple digestions were done to verify the vector structure. The construct and the virus were both tested in vitro.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-Syn-FLEX-Mac-GFP was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 58852 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:58852 ; RRID:Addgene_58852)
For your References section:High-performance genetically targetable optical neural silencing by light-driven proton pumps. Chow BY, Han X, Dobry AS, Qian X, Chuong AS, Li M, Henninger MA, Belfort GM, Lin Y, Monahan PE, Boyden ES. Nature. 2010 Jan 7. 463(7277):98-102. 10.1038/nature08652 PubMed 20054397