PurposeAAV expression of ChR2-GFP under the Syn promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||58881||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4697
- Total vector size (bp) 6362
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsStbl3 at 30C (use carbenicillin if using Stbl3) OR DH5a at 37C
Copy numberLow Copy
Insert Size (bp)1665
- Promoter Syn
/ Fusion Protein
- GFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CTGCGTATGAGTGCAAG
- 3′ sequencing primer cagcgtatccacatagcg (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Plasmid is completely sequenced by the depositing lab except for parts of the origin and 3' ITR. Multiple digestions were done to verify the vector structure. The construct and the virus were both tested in vitro.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-Syn-ChR2-GFP was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 58881 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:58881 ; RRID:Addgene_58881)
For your References section:Millisecond-timescale, genetically targeted optical control of neural activity. Boyden ES, Zhang F, Bamberg E, Nagel G, Deisseroth K. Nat Neurosci. 2005 Sep . 8(9):1263-8. 10.1038/nn1525 PubMed 16116447