PurposeAAV-mediated expression of Chronos-tdTomato under the Syn promoter. Using bGHpA signal. tdTomato has codons varied between the first and second tandem repeats to reduce recombination.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||62726||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV8||62726-AAV8||Viral service discontinued.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufactureroriginal from Stratagene
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4368
- Total vector size (bp) 6789
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsDH5alpha at 37°C or Stbl3 at 30°C. Carbenicillin is preferred over ampicillin. In DH5alpha this plasmid may act more like a high copy plasmid, although in Stbl3 it may act more like a low copy plasmid.
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt nameStigeoclonium helveticum channelrhodopsin-tdTomato
Insert Size (bp)2421
- Promoter human synapsin promoter
/ Fusion Protein
- tdTomato (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer gcacgggcgcgaccatctgc
- 3′ sequencing primer TAGCGTAAAAGGAGCAACATAG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
The plasmid is fully sequenced in the coding sequence regions (opsin-fluorophore and important flanking regions). Multiple digestions were done to verify the vector structure. The construct and the virus were both tested in vitro.
Information for AAV8 (Catalog # 62726-AAV8) ( Back to top )
Addgene no longer distributes this item. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Viral service discontinued.
Ready-to-use AAV8 particles produced from pAAV-Syn-Chronos-tdTomato (#62726). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-Syn-Chronos-tdTomato plasmid DNA.Syn-driven Chronos-tdTomato expression for optogenetic neural activation. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume .
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of . virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV8 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV8
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene tdTomato
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-Syn-Chronos-tdTomato was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 62726 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:62726 ; RRID:Addgene_62726)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 62726) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 62726-AAV8)
For your References section:Independent optical excitation of distinct neural populations. Klapoetke NC, Murata Y, Kim SS, Pulver SR, Birdsey-Benson A, Cho YK, Morimoto TK, Chuong AS, Carpenter EJ, Tian Z, Wang J, Xie Y, Yan Z, Zhang Y, Chow BY, Surek B, Melkonian M, Jayaraman V, Constantine-Paton M, Wong GK, Boyden ES. Nat Methods. 2014 Mar;11(3):338-46. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2836. Epub 2014 Feb 9. 10.1038/nmeth.2836 PubMed 24509633