PurposeAAV-mediated expression of Jaws under the CaMKII promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||65015||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5107
- Total vector size (bp) 6740
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth instructionsPlease note that this backbone is highly recombination prone and should be amplified in a rec- strain like Sure2 or Stbl3, and grown using carbenicillin rather than ampicillin.
Copy numberLow Copy
SpeciesHaloarcula salinarum (strain Shark)
Insert Size (bp)1650
- Promoter CaMKII
/ Fusion Proteins
- KGC (C terminal on insert)
- GFP (C terminal on insert)
- ER2 (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CAC ACA GTC CTG CAG TAT TGT GTA TAT
- 3′ sequencing primer CAA GGA GGA GAA AAT GAA AGC C (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CaMKII-Jaws-KGC-GFP-ER2 was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 65015 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:65015 ; RRID:Addgene_65015)
For your References section:Noninvasive optical inhibition with a red-shifted microbial rhodopsin. Chuong AS, Miri ML, Busskamp V, Matthews GA, Acker LC, Sorensen AT, Young A, Klapoetke NC, Henninger MA, Kodandaramaiah SB, Ogawa M, Ramanlal SB, Bandler RC, Allen BD, Forest CR, Chow BY, Han X, Lin Y, Tye KM, Roska B, Cardin JA, Boyden ES. Nat Neurosci. 2014 Aug;17(8):1123-9. doi: 10.1038/nn.3752. Epub 2014 Jul 6. 10.1038/nn.3752 PubMed 24997763