pCIG3 (pCMV-IRES-GFP version 3)
Purpose(Empty Backbone) Lentiviral empty cloning vector containing IRES and GFP
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||78264||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backboneDerived from pCIG1
Backbone manufacturerGoodrum lab, Addgene plasmid 78265
- Backbone size (bp) 7624
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral
- Promoter CMV, lentiviral LTR
/ Fusion Protein
- IRES-EGFP (C terminal on backbone)
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberLow Copy
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F
- 3′ sequencing primer pCDH-Rev (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
This vector differs from pCIG1 in the following manners:
- Different IRES (derived from Clontech pIRES-GFP), which is easier to mutagenize, PCR, and sanger sequence.
- Expanded MCS, derived from linker oligo cloning.
- No longer contains an unannotated second XbaI site. XbaI site in MCS can be used for cloning.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCIG3 (pCMV-IRES-GFP version 3) was a gift from Felicia Goodrum (Addgene plasmid # 78264 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:78264 ; RRID:Addgene_78264)
For your References section:Complex expression of the UL136 gene of human cytomegalovirus results in multiple protein isoforms with unique roles in replication. Caviness K, Cicchini L, Rak M, Umashankar M, Goodrum F. J Virol. 2014 Dec;88(24):14412-25. doi: 10.1128/JVI.02711-14. Epub 2014 Oct 8. 10.1128/JVI.02711-14 PubMed 25297993