|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||18917||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
|AAV9||18917-AAV9||Viral service discontinued. See similar plasmids 20071, 20297, 20298.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5340
Vector typeAAV, Cre/Lox ; Adeno-Associated Virus
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsStbl2 E coli from Invitrogen Grow at 30 degrees in 2xYT media
Copy numberLow Copy
Gene/Insert nameChannelrhodopsin 2-tdtomato
Insert Size (bp)2367
/ Fusion Protein
- tdtomato (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site Spe1 (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site Spe1 (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer CTGTGGCTGCGTGAAAGCCTTG (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byKarel Svoboda, Janelia Farm Research Campus
Terms and Licenses
Articles Citing this Plasmid
These vectors are prone to recombination. This is a well known issue with these AAV vectors and is due to the inverted terminal repeats (ITRs) required for AAV production. To minimize recombination, we propagate these plasmids in Stbl2 cells from Invitrogen. Also, to minimize recombination, cells should be cultured at 30 C.
Note that these cultures will grow slowly (20 h for minipreps). Better yields and culture times are obtained with 2xYT as the media. This is strongly recommended.
Because recombination may still happen occasionally, we do a panel of restriction digestions to assess whether the ITRs are in tact. Separate digestions with PvuII, Sma1, and SnaB1 should be performed. The expected patterns can be calculated from the attached sequence. Please see Reviews in the right column for an image of Addgene's digest with these enzymes.
Information for AAV9 (Catalog # 18917-AAV9) ( Back to top )
Addgene no longer distributes this item. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Viral service discontinued. See similar plasmids 20071, 20297, 20298.
Ready-to-use AAV9 particles produced from AAV-FLEX-rev-ChR2-tdtomato (#18917). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified AAV-FLEX-rev-ChR2-tdtomato plasmid DNA.CAG-driven, cre-dependent, channelrhodopsin fused to tdTomato for optogenetic activation. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume .
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of . virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV9 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV9
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene tdTomato
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV-FLEX-rev-ChR2-tdtomato was a gift from Scott Sternson (Addgene plasmid # 18917)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 18917) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 18917-AAV9)
For your References section:A FLEX switch targets Channelrhodopsin-2 to multiple cell types for imaging and long-range circuit mapping. Atasoy D, Aponte Y, Su HH, Sternson SM. J Neurosci. 2008 Jul 9. 28(28):7025-30. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1954-08.2008 PubMed 18614669