|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||104488||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4579
- Total vector size (bp) 5932
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt nameGCaMP3-T302L R303P A317L D380Y
Alt nameGCaMP3 variant 921
Alt nameJanelia GCaMP7
SpeciesR. norvegicus (rat), G. gallus (chicken); A. victoria (jellyfish)
Insert Size (bp)1353
- Promoter Synapsin
/ Fusion Protein
- T7 epitope, Xpress tag, 6xHis
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer ACCACGCGAGGCGCGAGATAG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 104488-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from pGP-AAV-syn-jGCaMP7f-WPRE (#104488). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pGP-AAV-syn-jGCaMP7f-WPRE plasmid DNA.Synapsin-driven GCaMP7f calcium sensor. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Real-time qPCR: The number of genome copies in viral preparations was measured by SYBR green real-time qPCR with primers targeting the ITR. Titer values were deduced by comparing the genomic content of the viral preparation to a standard curve of a plasmid of known concentration. Read our AAV Titration by qPCR protocol here.
- Purity of viral preparation: Viral preparations were subjected to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by silver staining and the molecular weight and relative intensity of the viral capsid proteins was analyzed. The abundance of viral capsid proteins as a fraction of total protein present in the sample was used to determine purity of the AAV preparation.
- PCR confirmation of viral genome: PCR was carried out on the viral preparation with primers targeting the transgene. The PCR products were visualized on an agarose gel for size confirmation.
Syn For: CAAGCACCCAACCCCCATTCCC
51085 Rev: TGACCATCCCCATCGATGTCTG
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pGP-AAV-syn-jGCaMP7f-WPRE was a gift from Douglas Kim (Addgene plasmid # 104488)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 104488) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 104488-AAVrg)