PurposepRepCap6 contains both rep and cap genes from the AAV6 genome, but lacks the viral terminal repeats (Rutledge et al., 1998). It lacks adenovirus helper functions required for stock production.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||110770||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonepBluescript II KS+
Backbone manufacturerStratagene, La Jolla, CA
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3100
- Total vector size (bp) 7746
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)DH5alpha ; DH10B
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameAAV6 cap, AAV6 rep genes
Insert Size (bp)4405
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer unknown
- 3′ sequencing primer unknown (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pRepCap6 was a gift from David Russell (Addgene plasmid # 110770 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:110770 ; RRID:Addgene_110770)
For your References section:Infectious clones and vectors derived from adeno-associated virus (AAV) serotypes other than AAV type 2. Rutledge EA, Halbert CL, Russell DW. J Virol. 1998 Jan;72(1):309-19. PubMed 9420229