PurposeExpresses IgnaviCas9 in E. coli
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||127595||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerAddgene plasmid # 39312
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6545
- Total vector size (bp) 10266
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsUse BL21 bacterial cells for protein expression.
SpeciesBacterium from Ignavibacteriae phylum
Insert Size (bp)3720
- Promoter T7 promoter
/ Fusion Proteins
- 6xHis Tag (N terminal on backbone)
- Maltose binding protein (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SpeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site AgeI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer acaacactagtgaaaacctgtatttccagggagcagcctcgATGAAAAAAGTATTAGGATTAGATCTTGGAGTATCTTCAAT
- 3′ sequencing primer ttaaccggtatcaacttttcgtttctttttaggatcctcaacttttcgttttttcttaggtgacccTTTATTATTAGTAATAATTTCTCCCAAACAATTAATTAA (Common Sequencing Primers)
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pIgnaviCas9 was a gift from Stephen Quake (Addgene plasmid # 127595 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:127595 ; RRID:Addgene_127595)
For your References section:Nucleic acid cleavage with a hyperthermophilic Cas9 from an uncultured Ignavibacterium. Schmidt ST, Yu FB, Blainey PC, May AP, Quake SR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019 Oct 28. pii: 1904273116. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1904273116. 10.1073/pnas.1904273116 PubMed 31659048