|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||153030||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3980
- Total vector size (bp) 5758
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
SpeciesSynthetic; Marine Giant Virus
Insert Size (bp)834
MutationvPyACR_21821 was C-terminally truncated to include only the transmembrane region. eYFP is flanked by a membrane trafficking signal and an ER release signal N- and C-terminally, respectively.
- Promoter CMV (+ enhancer)
/ Fusion Protein
- eYFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-fwd: GCAAATGGGCGGTAGGCGT or EGFP-N1-fwd: GAGGTCTATATAAGCAGAGC
- 3′ sequencing primer EGFP-C1-rev: AACCATTATAAGCTGCAATAAAC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:vPyACR_21821 was a gift from Peter Hegemann (Addgene plasmid # 153030 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:153030 ; RRID:Addgene_153030)
For your References section:Lateral Gene Transfer of Anion-Conducting Channelrhodopsins between Green Algae and Giant Viruses. Rozenberg A, Oppermann J, Wietek J, Lahore RGF, Sandaa RA, Bratbak G, Hegemann P, Béjà O. Current Biology. 2020. 30: 1–11 10.1016/j.cub.2020.09.056