PurposeStable expression of a zebrafish optimized Cas9 driven by a tilapia promoter in fish cells
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||165484||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerEric Kowarz Lab (Addgene #60511)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6640
- Total vector size (bp) 8719
Modifications to backbone4021 bp between a PvuII and NdeI site (including backbone promoters, EGFP, P2A, and puromycin resistance) was removed and replaced with a new Cas9-P2A-Puromycin resistance expression cassette.
Vector typeCRISPR ; Transposon
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameZebrafish optimized Cas9 (nls-zcas9-nls from Wenbiao Chen Lab plasmid pCS2-nCas9n Addgene #47929)
Insert Size (bp)4147
- Promoter Oreochromis mossambicus EF1 alpha promoter (OmEF1a)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site PvuII (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site NdeI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer GATGTTTCGGTAAGGGGTCC
- 3′ sequencing primer CAGCCACCACCTTCTGATAG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:OmEF1aCas9P2ApuroSB was a gift from Dietmar Kueltz (Addgene plasmid # 165484 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:165484 ; RRID:Addgene_165484)
For your References section:An efficient vector-based CRISPR/Cas9 system in an Oreochromis mossambicus cell line using endogenous promoters. Hamar J, Kultz D. Sci Rep. 2021 Apr 12;11(1):7854. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-87068-3. 10.1038/s41598-021-87068-3 PubMed 33846462