|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||21836||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4569
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Retroviral
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)874
/ Fusion Protein
- farnysylation signal (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site ClaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer SV40pro-F (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Article Citing this Plasmid
The Puro resistance gene of pBABE puro was removed by Hind3-Cla1 digestion and replaced by the CDS of a EGFP that has a farnysylation signal in its C-term. The membrane association of EGFP is instrumental in detecting the protein in FACScan procedures that would otherwise lead to loss of GFP fluorescence.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pBABE was a gift from David Ron (Addgene plasmid # 21836 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:21836 ; RRID:Addgene_21836)