Cre Stoplight 2.4
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||37402||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4273
- Total vector size (bp) 5241
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Gene/Insert nameCre Stoplight 2.4
Insert Size (bp)2023
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Proteins
- ZsGreen1 (N terminal on insert)
- mCherry (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamH1, EcoRV etc. (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site loxp (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CAG enhancer
- 3′ sequencing primer Amp (Common Sequencing Primers)
Article Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Please note that Cre Stoplight 2.4 differs from the original Cre Stoplight described in the associated publication (Biotechniques. 2001 Nov;31(5):1036, 1038, 1040-1.). See the supplemental document Cre Stoplight 2.4 above for more information.
Please note that Addgene digest and NGS results suggest that the plasmid contains two mCherry ORFs in tandem. This is not expected to affect plasmid function as the second mCherry should not be expressed from the plasmid.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:Cre Stoplight 2.4 was a gift from Thomas Hughes (Addgene plasmid # 37402 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:37402 ; RRID:Addgene_37402)
For your References section:Cre stoplight: a red/green fluorescent reporter of Cre recombinase expression in living cells. Yang YS, Hughes TE. Biotechniques. 2001 Nov;31(5):1036, 1038, 1040-1. 10.2144/01315st03 PubMed 11730010