PurposeMammalian expression of Cre recombinase from the broadly active CAG promoter/enhancer
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||13775||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4779
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt nameCre recombinase
Insert Size (bp)1092
/ Fusion Protein
- Myc (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer pCAG-F (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Kozak consensus sequence was added before the start ATG.
Myc-tag was added at the C-terminus of Cre.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCAG-Cre was a gift from Connie Cepko (Addgene plasmid # 13775 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:13775 ; RRID:Addgene_13775)
For your References section:Controlled expression of transgenes introduced by in vivo electroporation. Matsuda T, Cepko CL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jan 5. ():. 10.1073/pnas.0610155104 PubMed 17209010