|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||45851||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6265
- Total vector size (bp) 10047
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Retroviral
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberLow Copy
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)3800
Entrez GenePECAM1 (a.k.a. CD31, CD31/EndoCAM, GPIIA', PECA1, PECAM-1, endoCAM)
- Promoter CMV
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer AGCTCGTTTAGTGAACCGTCAGATC
- 3′ sequencing primer ACCTACAGGTGGGGTCTTTCATTCCC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Note: Compared to the current NCBI reference sequence for PECAM1, this plasmid has a V125L substitution. This is a known SNP. Also, two silent mutations were introduced to destroy two internal EcoRI sites.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pLPCX-PECAMTL was a gift from Martin Schwartz (Addgene plasmid # 45851 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:45851 ; RRID:Addgene_45851)
For your References section:Fluid Shear Stress on Endothelial Cells Modulates Mechanical Tension across VE-Cadherin and PECAM-1. Conway DE, Breckenridge MT, Hinde E, Gratton E, Chen CS, Schwartz MA. Curr Biol. 2013 May 14. pii: S0960-9822(13)00490-9. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2013.04.049. 10.1016/j.cub.2013.04.049 PubMed 23684974