pHAGE EF1α dCas9-KRAB
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||50919||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (1 mL at titer > 5x10⁵ TU/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Total vector size (bp) 12860
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, CRISPR
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)4460
- Promoter EF1alpha
/ Fusion Proteins
- 3xHA (C terminal on insert)
- KRAB (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Gateway Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer Ef1alpha-F 5'-TCAAGCCTCAGACAGTGGTTC-3'
- 3′ sequencing primer WPRE-R 5'-CATAGCGTAAAAGGAGCAACA-3' (Common Sequencing Primers)
Information for Lentiviral Prep (Catalog # 50919-LV) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use Lentiviral Prep particles produced from pHAGE EF1α dCas9-KRAB (#50919). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pHAGE EF1α dCas9-KRAB plasmid DNA.
- Volume 1 mL
- Titer 5x10⁵ TU/mL
- Pricing $220 USD for preparation of 1 mL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Colony formation assay: A549 cells were transduced with serial dilutions of 50919-LV and treated with puromycin. Puromycin-resistant colonies were expanded for approximately 2 weeks, stained with crystal violet, and counted.
- PCR confirmation of insert: PCR was carried out with primers targeting the puromycin-resistance gene and WPRE. The PCR product was visualized on an agarose gel for size confirmation.
Forward Primer: Puro-F2 CTCGGCTTCACCGTCACC
Reverse Primer: WPRE-R CATAGCGTAAAAGGAGCAACA
- Confirmation of protein expression: A549 cells were transduced with an MOI of 1 or 10 of 50919-LV, treated with puromycin and polyclonal pools of puromycin-resistant cells expanded. Cells collected, lysed, and tested for dCas9 expression via immunoblotting. Note: Cas9 expression was only detected at an MOI of 10. You can view the stable cell line expression data here or in the image section at the top of this page. Read our protocol for generating stable cell lines here.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsWhile the typical yield for lentiviral vectors ranges from 10⁶-10⁷ TU/ml, titers for large or toxic inserts, such as for Cas9, can be 10-fold to 100-fold lower. Scientists generating their own lentiviral particles from Cas9 should expect similarly low titers. To demonstrate that Addgene’s virus is fully functional, Addgene has generated stable cell lines from the Cas9-expressing lentiviruses. You can view the stable cell line expression data here or in the image section at the top of this page. Read our protocol for generating stable cell lines here.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pHAGE EF1α dCas9-KRAB was a gift from Rene Maehr & Scot Wolfe (Addgene plasmid # 50919)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 50919) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 50919-LV)
For your References section:Cas9 effector-mediated regulation of transcription and differentiation in human pluripotent stem cells. Kearns NA, Genga RM, Enuameh MS, Garber M, Wolfe SA, Maehr R. Development. 2014 Jan;141(1):219-23. doi: 10.1242/dev.103341. 10.1242/dev.103341 PubMed 24346702