|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||50943||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
|AAV1||50943-AAV1||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Total vector size (bp) 6756
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsDue to ease of recombination, AAV and lentivirus vectors should be amplified in a recombination deficient bacteria strain such as Invitrogen's OneShot Stbl3 cells. Check for integrety of ITR sites with SmaI digest.
Copy numberLow Copy
SpeciesR. norvegicus (rat), G. gallus (chicken); ; A. victoria (jellyfish)
Insert Size (bp)2124
- Promoter hSyn1
- Cloning method Unknown
- 5′ sequencing primer actcagcgctgcctcagtct
- 3′ sequencing primer gtttgtacaaatgatgacagcgaag (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made bymRuby2: Article: Improving FRET dynamic range with bright green and red fluorescent proteins. Lam et al (Nat Methods. 2012 Sep 9. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2171. PubMed) Addgene Plasmid 40260 GCaMP6f: Article: Ultrasensitive fluorescent proteins for imaging neuronal activity. Chen et al (Nature. 2013 Jul 18;499(7458):295-300. doi: 10.1038/nature12354. PubMed) Addgene Plasmid 40755
Terms and Licenses
Articles Citing this Plasmid
The discrepancies between the full sequence and Addgene's QC sequence should not have any functional consequence.
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 50943-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV-hSyn1-mRuby2-GSG-P2A-GCaMP6f-WPRE-pA (#50943). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-hSyn1-mRuby2-GSG-P2A-GCaMP6f-WPRE-pA plasmid DNA.GCaMP6f calcium sensor and bicistronic, physically separate mRuby2 expression under a human synapsin1 promoter. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene mRuby2
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Data submitted about 50943-AAV1 by requesting scientist(s):
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-hSyn1-mRuby2-GSG-P2A-GCaMP6f-WPRE-pA was a gift from Tobias Bonhoeffer & Mark Huebener & Tobias Rose (Addgene plasmid # 50943 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:50943 ; RRID:Addgene_50943)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 50943) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 50943-AAV1)
For your References section:Cell-specific restoration of stimulus preference after monocular deprivation in the visual cortex. Rose T, Jaepel J, Hubener M, Bonhoeffer T. Science. 2016 Jun 10;352(6291):1319-22. doi: 10.1126/science.aad3358. 10.1126/science.aad3358 PubMed 27284193