EGFP gRNA (BRDN0000562805)
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||80035||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (1mL at titer ≥ 1x10⁶ TU/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerZhang Lab (Addgene plasmid # 52963)
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, CRISPR
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
- Promoter hU6
- Cloning method Unknown
- 5′ sequencing primer U6-F
- 3′ sequencing primer pS2-R (Common Sequencing Primers)
Note that this plasmid does NOT contain Cas9. It should be used in conjunction with lentiCas9-Blast (Addgene #52962) or otherwise with cell lines already expressing Cas9. Browse the full kinome gRNA library at http://www.addgene.org/pooled-library/broadgpp-human-kinome/ or visit http://www.broadinstitute.org/rnai/public/ for detailed protocols and information.
Information for Lentiviral Prep (Catalog # 80035-LV) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use Lentiviral Prep particles produced from EGFP gRNA (BRDN0000562805) (#80035). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified EGFP gRNA (BRDN0000562805) plasmid DNA.Lentiviral particles carrying an EGFP sgRNA (BRDN0000563266) and puromycin resistance.
- Volume 1mL
- Titer ≥1x10⁶ TU/mL
- Pricing $220 USD for preparation of 1mL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Colony formation assay: A549 cells were transduced with serial dilutions of 80035-LV and treated with puromycin. Puromycin-resistant colonies were expanded for approximately 2 weeks, stained with crystal violet, and counted.
- PCR confirmation of insert: PCR was carried out with primers targeting the hU6 and EF1-alpha promoters. The PCR product was visualized on an agarose gel for size confirmation, purified and the guide sequence was confirmed by Sanger sequencing.
Forward Primer: hU6-F GAGGGCCTATTTCCCATGATT
Reverse Primer: EF1a-R CACGGCGACTACTGCACTTA
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:EGFP gRNA (BRDN0000562805) was a gift from John Doench & David Root (Addgene plasmid # 80035)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 80035) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 80035-LV)
For your References section:Optimized sgRNA design to maximize activity and minimize off-target effects of CRISPR-Cas9. Doench JG, Fusi N, Sullender M, Hegde M, Vaimberg EW, Donovan KF, Smith I, Tothova Z, Wilen C, Orchard R, Virgin HW, Listgarten J, Root DE. Nat Biotechnol. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1038/nbt.3437. 10.1038/nbt.3437 PubMed 26780180