PurposeFluorescent marker of endoplasmic reticulum (ER)
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||87163||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5689
- Total vector size (bp) 6454
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)765
- Promoter EF-1 alpha
/ Fusion Proteins
- Bip signal peptide (Homo sapiens) (N terminal on insert)
- mTagBFP-KDEL (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XhoI (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer pEF-forward tctctccacaggtgtccact
- 3′ sequencing primer pEF-rev acaccggccttattccaagc (Common Sequencing Primers)
This vector was generated by Simon Pfisterer (Elina Ikonen Lab).
The BFP-KDEL derived from addgene plasmid #49150 was transferred to pEFIRES-P vector to facilitate the selection of stable mammalian cell lines.
Benefits of using pEFIRES-P vector for stable overexpression in mammalian cells were described by Stephen Hobbs et al. (Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998 Nov 18;252(2):368-72.).
pEFIRES-P was a gift from Dr. Olli Ritvos (University of Helsinki).
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pEFIRES-P-mTagBFP-KDEL was a gift from Elina Ikonen (Addgene plasmid # 87163 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:87163 ; RRID:Addgene_87163)
For your References section:Seipin regulates ER-lipid droplet contacts and cargo delivery. Salo VT, Belevich I, Li S, Karhinen L, Vihinen H, Vigouroux C, Magre J, Thiele C, Holtta-Vuori M, Jokitalo E, Ikonen E. EMBO J. 2016 Dec 15;35(24):2699-2716. Epub 2016 Nov 22. 10.15252/embj.201695170 PubMed 27879284