PurposeFluorescent marker of lipid droplets (LDs)
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||87159||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5689
- Total vector size (bp) 6571
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
SpeciesR. norvegicus (rat), Synthetic; model peptide
Insert Size (bp)153
- Promoter EF-1-alpha
/ Fusion Protein
- mCherry (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BspEI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site SmaI (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer pEF-forward tctctccacaggtgtccact
- 3′ sequencing primer pEF-rev acaccggccttattccaagc (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
This vector was generated by Shiqian Li (Elina Ikonen Lab).
HPos model peptide was described by Adam Kassan et al. (J Cell Biol. 2013 Dec 23; 203(6): 985–1001.)
Benefits of using pEFIRES-P vector for stable overexpression in mammalian cells were described by Stephen Hobbs et al. (Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998 Nov 18;252(2):368-72.).
pEFIRES-P was a gift from Dr. Olli Ritvos (University of Helsinki).
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pEFIRES-P-mCherry-HPos was a gift from Elina Ikonen (Addgene plasmid # 87159 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:87159 ; RRID:Addgene_87159)
For your References section:Seipin regulates ER-lipid droplet contacts and cargo delivery. Salo VT, Belevich I, Li S, Karhinen L, Vihinen H, Vigouroux C, Magre J, Thiele C, Holtta-Vuori M, Jokitalo E, Ikonen E. EMBO J. 2016 Dec 15;35(24):2699-2716. Epub 2016 Nov 22. 10.15252/embj.201695170 PubMed 27879284