Viral Service: AAV Made on Request
Addgene is offering a Made on Request AAV packaging service for AAV plasmids not currently available as ready-to-use viral vector aliquots. Made on Request viral vectors will be produced using the same optimized protocols we use to produce our AAV inventory. See an overview of our viral vector production for more details.
- Made on Request is only offered for AAV plasmids deposited at Addgene. We are unable to perform custom AAV preparations for specific gene inserts or plasmids not deposited with Addgene.
- AAV Made on Request is an Addgene Beta service. Learn more about Addgene's Beta Projects and how you can provide us with input and feedback on this service.
AAV Service Details
|Volume||1-1.5 mL in 100 µL aliquots|
|Minimum Titer||5E12 GC/mL|
|Turnaround||Approximately 6-8 weeks*
*Depending on the volume of requests, we may not be able to accept all orders. We will process requests in the order received.
|Shipping||US: 1-2 days on dry ice ($60)
International: 1-4 days on dry ice ($150)
|Standard Quality Control||Includes:
For more information, to obtain a price quote, or to place an order, please email [email protected] with the plasmid catalog ID and AAV serotype. Please note that depending on the volume of requests, we may not be able to accept all orders. We will process requests in the order received.
- Which plasmids are available through the AAV Made on Request viral service?
We only offer packaging for AAV plasmids deposited at Addgene, for which we have permission from the depositor to package the plasmid as AAV. We currently do not offer DNA cloning services. To find out more about a specific plasmid, please email [email protected]
- Do I need to provide the DNA?
No, you do not need to send us any DNA. Addgene will purify the DNA (including the packaging plasmids) from our own validated stocks. All plasmids used for viral production at Addgene have been fully sequenced. This ensures that the packaging plasmid and the AAV plasmid used to generate your vector solution have been sequence-verified. Plasmid sequences are available on our website.
- How can I get a price quote?
Please email [email protected].
- I submitted an AAV Made on Request inquiry, now what happens?
Once a Made on Request inquiry is submitted the request will be reviewed by the Addgene team to confirm that Addgene has permission to produce the item as viral particles and to determine if viral production is feasible. Please note that we cannot guarantee legal approval to prepare a plasmid as viral particles. A member of Addgene’s technical support team will contact you shortly with the specific details.