PurposeTEV-C9R protease expression vector with enhanced expression, solubility and yield without affecting TEV's protease activity
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||118754||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5691
- Total vector size (bp) 6512
Modifications to backboneNo modification
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameTobacco Etch Virus protease
Insert Size (bp)768
- Promoter T7
/ Fusion Proteins
- C9R (C terminal on insert)
- His tag (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site Nde1 (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamH1 (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer taatacgactcactatagg
- 3′ sequencing primer ccgctgagcaataactagc (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Japanese patent pending (2017-247019)
Laboratory URL: http://www.tuat.ac.jp/~ykuroda/y_index_e.html
A frameshift in the lacI sequence was detected by Addgene NGS, but it probably does not affect the expression level as the same plasmid was used for expression check in the paper.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pET-15b-TEV-C9R was a gift from Yutaka Kuroda (Addgene plasmid # 118754 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:118754 ; RRID:Addgene_118754)
For your References section:A SEP tag enhances the expression, solubility and yield of recombinant TEV protease without altering its activity. Nautiyal K, Kuroda Y. N Biotechnol. 2018 May 25;42:77-84. doi: 10.1016/j.nbt.2018.02.006. Epub 2018 Feb 12. 10.1016/j.nbt.2018.02.006 PubMed 29448030