PurposeCre-dependent vector expressing an optimized mosquito OPN3 rhodopsin in-frame with mScarlet
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||125713||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV1||125713-AAV1||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4645
- Total vector size (bp) 6445
Modifications to backbonedirectional Cre-Lox sites
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV, Cre/Lox
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt nameMosquito OPN3, optimized for mammalian neuron expression
SpeciesAnopheles stephensi (Asian malaria mosquito)
Insert Size (bp)1821
Mutationdeleted amino acids 331-429
- Promoter hSyn1
/ Fusion Proteins
- mScarlet (C terminal on insert)
- Rho1D4 (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer hSyn1_fw (CAGCGCTGCCTCAGTCTGC)
- 3′ sequencing primer WPRE_rev (CACATAGCGTAAAAGGAGCAAC) (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Please visit https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.18.431673v1 for the bioRxiv preprint.
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 125713-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV-hSyn1-SIO-eOPN3-mScarlet-WPRE (#125713). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-hSyn1-SIO-eOPN3-mScarlet-WPRE plasmid DNA.Synapsin-driven, Cre-dependent expression of mosquito OPN3 rhodopsin in-frame with mScarlet.These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene mScarlet (Cre-dependent)
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Using FLEX vectors in vivo: LoxP sites in FLEX plasmids are known to recombine during DNA amplification and viral vector production, which may result in a minority of Cre-activated (i.e., "flipped") viral vectors. Addgene has measured this occurs in 0.1-0.6% of viral vectors in our typical production protocol. This can lead to a small number of cells exhibiting Cre-independent transgene expression in vivo. To address this, we recommend titrating to find the optimal AAV dosage required for Cre-dependent transgene expression and function in vivo. This may include reducing the viral vector dosage in order to reduce the likelihood of Cre-independent expression.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-hSyn1-SIO-eOPN3-mScarlet-WPRE was a gift from Ofer Yizhar (Addgene plasmid # 125713 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:125713 ; RRID:Addgene_125713)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 125713) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 125713-AAV1)
For your References section:Efficient optogenetic silencing of neurotransmitter release with a mosquito rhodopsin. Mahn M, Saraf-Sinik I, Patil P, Pulin M, Bitton E, Karalis N, Bruentgens F, Palgi S, Gat A, Dine J, Wietek J, Davidi I, Levy R, Litvin A, Zhou F, Sauter K, Soba P, Schmitz D, Luthi A, Rost BR, Wiegert JS, Yizhar O. Neuron. 2021 May 10. pii: S0896-6273(21)00161-6. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2021.03.013. 10.1016/j.neuron.2021.03.013 PubMed 33979634