PurposeExpresses fuGFP constitutively in E.coli cells. Designed to act as modular template for cutting out or amplifying fuGFP to place in other plasmid backbones
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||127674||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 2620
- Total vector size (bp) 3359
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Kanamycin, 50 μg/mL
Growth instructionsBased on what we know from other high-copy GFP-expressing vectors, there is a chance of vector instability (deletions / loss of GFP gene), although we havent seen this for this plasmid. Reducing growth temperature to 30 C can help to prevent this, since it lowers the copy number of the plasmid.
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameFree Use GFP (fuGFP)
Insert Size (bp)739
- Promoter lac
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI, EcoRI, XbaI, XhoI, NdeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII, PstI, SphI, NheI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer M13 rev
- 3′ sequencing primer M13 fwd (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The creators (Nick Coleman & Mark Somerville) request that their work is cited once published. Please follow Addgene's "How to Cite" guidelines below.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pUS252 was a gift from Nicholas Coleman (Addgene plasmid # 127674 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:127674 ; RRID:Addgene_127674)