PurposeRecombinant protein synthesis of human Tau
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||177653||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3256
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth instructionsTo produce tau protein, express in BL21(DE3) Codon Plus RP. Purify by Ni IMAC and SEC.
Copy numberLow Copy
Gene/Insert nameTau (2N4R)
Alt nameMAPT Isoform 2
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)1326
Entrez GeneMAPT (a.k.a. DDPAC, FTDP-17, MAPTL, MSTD, MTBT1, MTBT2, PPND, PPP1R103, TAU, tau-40)
- Promoter T7
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NdeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer TAATACGACTCACTATAGGG
- 3′ sequencing primer GATTATCAACCGGGGTGGCA (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Genes were cloned from a cDNA library and may contain silent mutations. However, all inserts were sequence-verified and any nucleotide changes were mutagenized to encode the consensus amino acid sequence.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pT7II-2N4Rtau was a gift from Jeff Kuret (Addgene plasmid # 177653 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:177653 ; RRID:Addgene_177653)