|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||23998||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4000
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberLow Copy
SpeciesR. norvegicus (rat)
Insert Size (bp)6300
Entrez GeneGrin2b (a.k.a. GluN2B)
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Proteins
- NR2B signal sequence (aa1-31) (N terminal on backbone)
- SEP (superecliptic pHluorin) (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F
- 3′ sequencing primer SV40pA-R (Common Sequencing Primers)
See attached map for additional plasmid features.
The super-ecliptic pHluorin (SEP) coding sequence was inserted three amino acids downstream of the predicted signal peptide cleavage site.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCI-SEP_NR2B was a gift from Robert Malinow (Addgene plasmid # 23998 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:23998 ; RRID:Addgene_23998)
For your References section:Glutamate receptor exocytosis and spine enlargement during chemically induced long-term potentiation. Kopec CD, Li B, Wei W, Boehm J, Malinow R. J Neurosci. 2006 Feb 15. 26(7):2000-9. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3918-05.2006 PubMed 16481433