|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||58749||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerMoore Lab, Addgene plasmid 48687
Modifications to backbonereplace Ubic-promoter in pUltra-chili with Tre2. Tre2 was amplified from pSLIK-Neo-TGmiR-luc (Addgene plasmid 25745).
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, RNAi
- Promoter TRE2 upstream of minimal CMV promoter
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ sequencing primer DsRed1-C (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
This plasmid needs to be used with a second plasmid containing a constitutively expressed puromycin-selectable RTTA3 (Reverse Tet-Transactivator)--Addgene plasmids 58750 and 58751.
The advantage to other dox-inducible systems are:
1) better silencing in off condition because of the newer generation TRE2/RTTA3
2) you can induce to express two genes of interest (GOI) at the same time from one plasmid.
3) when the system is induced by dox, besides the GOI the tomato-reporter is induced to be expressed too, so you can actually see that the genes must be switched on.
loxP5171 at positions after cppt and before WPRE
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pUltra-dox was a gift from Yildirim Dogan & Kitai Kim (Addgene plasmid # 58749 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:58749 ; RRID:Addgene_58749)