PurposePlasmid for expression of gene of interest in Lactobacillus plantarum and L. sakei
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||122028||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonespp-based expression vector (pSIP401)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5400
- Total vector size (bp) 7435
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Erythromycin, 200 μg/mL
Insert Size (bp)1809
- Promoter sppA
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NcoI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site Multi cloning site (eg EcoRI) (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer GGCTTTTATAATATGAGATAATGCCGAC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pSIP403 was a gift from Lars Axelsson & Geir Mathiesen (Addgene plasmid # 122028 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:122028 ; RRID:Addgene_122028)
For your References section:High-level, inducible gene expression in Lactobacillus sakei and Lactobacillus plantarum using versatile expression vectors. Sorvig E, Mathiesen G, Naterstad K, Eijsink VG, Axelsson L. Microbiology. 2005 Jul;151(Pt 7):2439-49. doi: 10.1099/mic.0.28084-0. 10.1099/mic.0.28084-0 PubMed 16000734