PurposeExpresses scrambled sgRNA and Cas9-Puro in Drosophila S2 cells
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||190704||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerJi-Long Liu
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 10615
- Total vector size (bp) 10635
Vector typeInsect Expression, CRISPR
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameScrambled sgRNA 2
SpeciesD. melanogaster (fly)
- Promoter Drosophila U6
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SapI (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site SapI (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer GTTCGACTTGCAGCCTGAAATACG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAc-sgRNA-Cas9.scr_2 was a gift from David Bartel (Addgene plasmid # 190704 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:190704 ; RRID:Addgene_190704)
For your References section:Endogenous transcripts direct microRNA degradation in Drosophila, and this targeted degradation is required for proper embryonic development. Kingston ER, Blodgett LW, Bartel DP. Mol Cell. 2022 Sep 15. pii: S1097-2765(22)00849-8. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2022.08.029. 10.1016/j.molcel.2022.08.029 PubMed 36150386