Purposeto make Cre-ERT2 expressing stable cell line by retrovirus
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||59701||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6886
- Total vector size (bp) 8870
Modifications to backboneAcGFP1 is removed during cloning. Cre-ERT2 is cloned into NheI/EcoRI site by Gibson assembly
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Retroviral
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt nameinducible Cre
Insert Size (bp)1983
- Promoter cmvIE
/ Fusion Protein
- Estrogen receptor (ERT) (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer GGT CTA TAT AAG CAG AGC TG
- 3′ sequencing primer CGAAGGGGCCACCAAAGAAC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Article Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
ERT2-Cre-ERT2 in the same retrovirus vector (pRetroQ) has too low activity in stable cell line to prevent it to be useful. pRetroQ-Cre-ERT2 made stable cell line exhibits no leaky Cre activity whereas pCAG-Cre-ERT2 transient expression does lead to leaky Cre activity.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pRetroQ-Cre-ERT2 was a gift from Richard Youle (Addgene plasmid # 59701 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:59701 ; RRID:Addgene_59701)