pLVX-ATF4 mScarlet NLS
PurposeER-stress sensor - ATF4 translation at ORF3 fluorescent reporter with mScarlet-I
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||115969||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 8102
- Total vector size (bp) 9268
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameactivating transcription factor 4
SpeciesH. sapiens (human), Synthetic
Insert Size (bp)1166
Entrez GeneATF4 (a.k.a. CREB-2, CREB2, TAXREB67, TXREB)
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Proteins
- HA tag (N terminal on insert)
- mScarlet-I (C terminal on insert)
- c-myc NLS (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer AGCTCGTTTAGTGAACCGTCAGATC
- 3′ sequencing primer CAGCGGGGCTGCTAAAGCGCATGC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
This sensor leads to the expression of a mScarlet-I fusion protein in the nucleus upon induction of ER-stress. ER-stress kinetic through the PERK/ATF4 pathway can thus be monitored by recording the red fluorescent signal arising in the nucleus.
Designed by Adrien Nougarède.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pLVX-ATF4 mScarlet NLS was a gift from David Andrews (Addgene plasmid # 115969 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:115969 ; RRID:Addgene_115969)
For your References section:Improved IRE1 and PERK Pathway Sensors for Multiplex Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Assay Reveal Stress Response to Nuclear Dyes Used for Image Segmentation. Nougarede A, Tesniere C, Ylanko J, Rimokh R, Gillet G, Andrews DW. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2018 Aug 8. doi: 10.1089/adt.2018.862. 10.1089/adt.2018.862 PubMed 30088945