PurposeCell body-targeted GCaMP6f, under CAG promoter: GCaMP6f followed by a linker, and the EE-RR coiled coil motif (GCaMP6f-27-EE-RR). As bright as conventional GCaMP6f.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||158757||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV8||158757-AAV8||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4735
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1701
- Promoter CAG promoter
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer TTCGGCTTCTGGCGTGTGAC
- 3′ sequencing primer GGCATTAAAGCAGCGTATCC (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Information for AAV8 (Catalog # 158757-AAV8) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV8 particles produced from pAAV-CAG-SomaGCaMP6f2 (#158757). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-CAG-SomaGCaMP6f2 plasmid DNA.CAG-driven expression of soma-targeting GCaMP6f2. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV8 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV8
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-CAG-SomaGCaMP6f2 was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 158757 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:158757 ; RRID:Addgene_158757)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 158757) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 158757-AAV8)
For your References section:Precision Calcium Imaging of Dense Neural Populations via a Cell-Body-Targeted Calcium Indicator. Shemesh OA, Linghu C, Piatkevich KD, Goodwin D, Celiker OT, Gritton HJ, Romano MF, Gao R, Yu CJ, Tseng HA, Bensussen S, Narayan S, Yang CT, Freifeld L, Siciliano CA, Gupta I, Wang J, Pak N, Yoon YG, Ullmann JFP, Guner-Ataman B, Noamany H, Sheinkopf ZR, Park WM, Asano S, Keating AE, Trimmer JS, Reimer J, Tolias AS, Bear MF, Tye KM, Han X, Ahrens MB, Boyden ES. Neuron. 2020 Jun 26. pii: S0896-6273(20)30398-6. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2020.05.029. 10.1016/j.neuron.2020.05.029 PubMed 32592656