Purposedestination vector for the Golden Gate TALEN kit, directs expression of TALENs from a truncated CAGs promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||38143||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4000
- Total vector size (bp) 5702
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1800
MutationTruncate at N and C terminous
- Promoter miniCaggs
/ Fusion Proteins
- FokI homodimer (C terminal on insert)
- AcV5 (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site Esp31 (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site Esp31 (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer CGTGACCGCAATGGAGGC
- 3′ sequencing primer CACTGCATCCATGGCAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byA derivative of pTAL-Leu, a TALEN plasmid submitted by the Dan Voytas lab.
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
For further reference, this plasmid was also used in the Bedell et al Nature 2012 publication (PMID 23000899).
For more information on Carlson TALEN Add-On Plasmids please refer to: http://www.addgene.org/TALeffector/goldengate/add-ons/#carlson
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pC-GoldyTALEN was a gift from Daniel Carlson (Addgene plasmid # 38143 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:38143 ; RRID:Addgene_38143)
For your References section:Efficient TALEN-mediated gene knockout in livestock. Carlson DF, Tan W, Lillico SG, Stverakova D, Proudfoot C, Christian M, Voytas DF, Long CR, Whitelaw CB, Fahrenkrug SC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Oct 1. 10.1073/pnas.1211446109 PubMed 23027955