PurposeThis red fluorescent plasma membrane marker consists of the first twenty residues of neuromodulin fused to mCherry.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||55779||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backboneDerived from pEYFP-Mem
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3942
- Total vector size (bp) 4783
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Kanamycin, 50 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)841
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Protein
- The N-terminal 20 residues of neuromodulin are fused to the N-terminus of mCherry.
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV Forward
- 3′ sequencing primer sV40pA-Reverse (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Reference for mCherry:
Shaner NC, Campbell RE, Steinbach PA, Giepmans BN, Palmer AE, Tsien RY. Improved monomeric red, orange and yellow fluorescent proteins derived from Discosoma sp. red fluorescent protein. Nat Biotechnol. 2004;22(12):1567-72. PubMed PMID: 15558047.
The K196R mutation in mCherry has no functional consequence.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:mCherry-Mem was a gift from Catherine Berlot (Addgene plasmid # 55779 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:55779 ; RRID:Addgene_55779)
For your References section:Live cell analysis of G protein beta5 complex formation, function, and targeting. Yost EA, Mervine SM, Sabo JL, Hynes TR, Berlot CH. Mol Pharmacol. 2007 Oct;72(4):812-25. Epub 2007 Jun 27. 10.1124/mol.107.038075 PubMed 17596375